Saturday 15 January 2011

24 hours to go

Packing dilemma number 1 - so how many pairs of knickers do you need for a 6 week trip ??
Tim reckons 2 , I reckon 6, Lowenna -well she packs it all herself and none of us have been allowed to see whats in hers so who knows !  ... the great plan of two smallish cases plus hand luggage seems to have multiplied at an alarming rate - but at least I won't be spending my hols doing washing !

I was wondering today, as i was sorting out the last few bits... what an amazing chance we have , to escape as a family, to discover, feel, breathe, and absorb a whole new world... I wonder how the dynamic of being with Lowenna at 11 and a very independent William at 22   will work... i wonder if we will , for the first time in 10 years since moving here , be able to really and truly find that relaxed and easy humour and oneness that has been so masked by the pressure of running and building a  totally customer focused business, being on call 24/7, 365 days a year ...

I can't wait to see the excitement and pleasure on the faces of my kids when they are able to have our sole attention for once and be able to truly enjoy relaxed family fun together... sounds a bit like the sunshine cornflake family but this is going to be very special... i just know it...
tomorrow the adventure begins

2 comments:

  1. Well my loves the voyage of antipodean discovery begins. Live, laugh and love...but most of all play the digeridoo xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so exciting. Can't wait to hear regular updates! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete